Saturday, April 11, 2020

Mr. Man Bun

After 4 weeks of Stay Home to Stay Safe, there are many thoughts going through my mind.  Every once in a while I have very profound thoughts about this time of social distancing being a reset for the world and a recharge for my burned out mind and soul.  But, most of the time it is business as usual in my New Normal of teaching online from home while my 3 Goofballs kids try to navigate their own way trough this new style of education.  It is an endless cycle of cooking, washing dishes, laundry piles, figuring out how to turn on my computer, fumbling my way through posting assignments and binge watching as many shows as time will allow.

Some moments of distraction have come in the form of UPS deliveries.  Almost every afternoon the UPS truck is in our neighborhood. Who gets all of these deliveries I can't help but wonder? What is in those packages?

Thanks to a couple of very thoughtful friends we recently had some UPS deliveries of our own and wow! Bella and I were very surprised by not only the gifts, but the UPS driver.  He is SO cute!!

Bella and I have many differences.  She is much quieter, calmer and more organized. She enjoys cooking and baking and cleaning.  All of the things I cannot stand to have to do.

 But, one thing we can agree on, despite out 30 year age difference, is that it takes a certain type of man to look hot with a man bun.  And our UPS driver wears it well.

He has been a highlight of the quarantine.  He arrives on our street like clockwork and diverts our attention for a few minutes just by walking down the road. We never get tired of saying to ourselves, "Well helloooo Mr. Man Bun."  I also love changing  up lyrics to old songs and singing it loud and off key, "Mr. Man Bun dream me a dream make him the cutest that I've ever seen!"

My sons cannot stand it. They think we are awful.  But, Bella, the dog and I wait at the window with no shame!

Sometimes when I am stressed out from hearing an overwhelming COVID news report or reading an article that is too intense with too many death tolls, I find my mind wandering. Sometimes, it's too much to think about. So I let my mind drift. Sometimes I think about the goggle marks on Trump's face and I wonder...how does he get that orange color? Does he have his own tanning bed? Where does he keep it?

To reign myself back in to more pleasant thoughts, I think of Mr. Man Bun.  Sometimes I wonder, why does it have to be called a Man Bun? Why can't it just be a man with a bun?

Ahhh, then I get back to reality and teaching and cleaning and dishes and taking pictures of my dog, and using ridiculous snap chat filters.


No comments:

Post a Comment