Sunday, August 22, 2010

Nerd Mother: The Next Generation

My brother and I used to make fun of my Mom because she is somewhat gullible, especially when it came to our teenage trickery. Well, I realized that I am just like her when I got totally BAMBOOZLED by my 13 year old nephew! It started out innocently enough, he asked to go to the Mall to buy a bracelet. He said he thought the bracelet was around $5. No problem! The kids and I were so excited to be spending time with Nikko that I jumped at the chance to take him shopping. And my boys love going to the Mall so we were on our way. We went to Zumiez, a skateboarder store. I have been there before with Nikko and we walked out with a skateboard so I knew to have a better plan in place this time. But, we were just there for a bracelet...

Of course, we had to look at the shirts on sale and the shoes, bracelets were quickly forgotten. I am used to shopping for toddlers so the price tags were much bigger than in the baby stores. So we agreed on a budget and then I left him to shop. Well, 30 minutes later we were checking out with sneakers that were a "smidge" more than we budgeted for, but stylish!

Of course, at the register...there were The Bracelets. He asked if he could still get the bracelet too. Well, sure. That is why came here after all. So we get the bracelet, get our bags and off we go.

We load up the car, 2 toddlers, 1 infant, 1 stroller, several bags and a teenager.

As I am driving out of the parking lot, I look over and notice the bracelet. It's black with white writing. Hmmmm, what does that say??? He moves his arm so I get a closer look and it says...
I Love Boobies.

OMG!!! I just bought him an I Love Boobies bracelet??

I never thought to look at the bracelet BEFORE we bought it. I was just happy he wanted a bracelet and that it only cost $5.

I am Nerd Mother.

But, he assured me the bracelet is to raise awareness for Breast Cancer Research and it was a charitable thing to do. So I feel much better.


3 comments:

  1. OMG! I think I just peed in my pants laughing. I still can't believe Nikko is 13.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hilarious!! I love this story! You are a great nauntie Ms. Carrie!! Too funny :) xoxo Ms. Meeghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHA I love it! Now u know how I feel being The Nerd Mom.
    I'm happy to pass the title down. ENJOY!

    I'm sitting here thinking of all the Nerd Mom moments I've had it's funny I still hear about things that you guys put over on me.

    ReplyDelete