Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Welcome to the World Isabella Angelina


On October 22, 2009 at 10:15 am our Princess made her entrance into the world!!! She came out squawking like a little bird!! She weighed 7.13 pounds and was 20 inches long! A good size for a baby born at 36 weeks and 4 days!

Unfortunately, she was having respiratory distress and had to be taken to the NICU and put on CPAP (a breathing mask) and IV fluids. I had an amnio the day before I delivered her and my doc said her lungs were mature. But, apparently she swallowed some amniotic fluid so she needed her airway cleared. I thought they would take her to the NICU for a few hours or maybe a day, but she stayed for 6 days and it was incredibly stressful. I had been through the NICU experience with the boys, but this time I was blindsided. I made it an entire month farther and thought she was so close to term that she would be fine. I wasn't prepared for the ups and downs of the 6 days in the NICU, but that is a story for another post.

Our Princess is just beautiful! We have been so blessed, Thank You God!!!

We debated names right up until the last minute. We had a few that were "unique," but in the end we went with my all time favorite name, Isabella. I had been wanting that name all along, but Hubby thought we should go with something different because of the recent popularity of the name. But, when Hubby saw her he felt she was an Isabella and we figured if were going Italian might as well go all the way and add the Angelina. My dad had been calling her Angelina since he found out I was pregnant, so it really fit nicely!!

Taking our baby girl home was such a fantastic moment. Big brothers and Stregga had a surprise welcome home party for us complete with cake and balloons!! It was so much fun!!!

I can't believe she is already going to be 2 weeks old tomorrow. Time is flying by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment