Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Baby Blessings 08

I have been a "journaler" since I was 8 yrs. old. I got my first journal from my mom on the last day of second grade. I spent that summer writing little tidbits of info and so began my journaling adventure. I have over 30 journals at this point because some years I filled more than 1 and some years less than 1.

Over the past 26 years my journaling has evolved and changed many times. I used be an everyday writer up until I graduated high school. In college I would write 2-3 times a week.
Then it became a few times a month. Since having the kids I only write highlights now and then.

I have found it easier lately to write lists versus long entries. So some lists include: Updates, blessings, goals, etc. One of my favorite lists is called Baby Blessings. I began this list back in 2005 while undergoing fertility treatments. I had been told by someone that focusing on the positive helps it come to fruition. So whenever I heard about a new pregnant person in my family or group of friends, which was often, instead of collapsing into a pile of tears, I would write down the name and due date and update it when the baby was born. Celebrating those babies helped me get through the struggle of creating my own. And once I had my boys I was able to add them to the list as my greatest blessings of all!

It's been 4 years since I started the Baby Blessings List and over the years I have continued with it because its interesting to me to see the trends in names and genders, etc. This year was "The Year of the Girls."

So here is the Baby Name List and stats for 2008:

BOYS:
Reid
Tyler
Alex
Luke
Benjamin
Isaac
Louis
Samuel
Sean
Maxton

Girls:
Keira
Kayla
Shelby
Sophia
Maya
Ashley
Ava
Arian
Madison
Alyssa
Valerie
Sarah
Amber
Gabrielle
Julia

2008 Total: 25 Babies
10 Boys
15 Girls

2007 Total: 21 Babies
12 Girls
9 Boys
2 sets of Twins

2006 Total: 31 Babies
20 Boys
11 Girls
5 Sets of Twins

2005 Total: 18 Babies
15 Girls
3 Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment