Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A NEW Year




Each year I try to reflect on the past and move on with new goals for the future. And each year I am amazed at how quickly the months have passed. Since having my twin boys 2 1/2 years ago time has been a whirl of excitement, anxiety, and changes. Reflection time has dwindled to a few random moments of coherent thoughts thrown together to make a patchwork map of goals. My follow through on those goals has been even more muddled to say the least.

I am determined that 2009 will be the year I get it together again. I feel like I am coming out of the "Mama Fog" that set in the moment my boys were conceived! Our days have fallen into a pretty nice routine that thankfully includes naptime!! So it gives me a chance to regroup and recoup some energy! And now that the boys are sleeping through the nights (most of the time) and not feeding around the clock, I can start to think and plan again.

So I am aiming high for 2009! Still keeping my old standby resolutions like losing weight and paying off debt-two endless challenges!!! And I will be adding a few new ones that will include time for myself. Not necessarily time alone, but time to refresh my soul!! More than anything I need quiet time for meditation and/ or prayer. I have misplaced my sense of sacredness somehow and I need to find it. I would love to take a deep breath and relax and appreciate the blessings that I have in my life.

There was a time when I would pray to find Mr. Right and have beautiful children. I spent hours imagining my life with them. Now that I actually have all that I have dreamed of, it's time for me to start being in the moment and living that dream wholeheartedly! Its a big undertaking but I am going to work my hardest this year to stop and smell the roses of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment