Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Random Things


On Facebook someone tagged me in a note and I had to respond with a list of 25 random things about myself. My Facebook addiction is a whole other story, but for now here is my list:

1. I just turned 34 and it feels OLD!
2. I was born in MO.
3. I met Greg on a blind date and we were engaged 5 months later
4. The happiest day of my life was taking my twin sons home from the hospital
5. After college I lived in a Volunteer Corp Community for a year which was a crazy, challenging and fun experience.
6. At 22 I was a foster parent to a newborn named Maya, I loved her like she was my own and never really got over having to give her back to her family.
7. In 2000, I traveled to Rome for World Youth Day and camped out in a field with 2 million people waiting to see the Pope.
8. In one of my pics from the Vatican you can see a white image of Mary holding Jesus coming out of the window of Pope John Paul's apartment.
9. Becoming an aunt "Nantie" when my nephew was born has been an amazing part of my life.
10. I moved 10 times between the time I was 6 yrs old and when I got married at 28. And 2x since getting married.
11. I was a Catholic Campus Minister for 8 years. I left there 3 years ago and have been "church shopping" since.
12. In 2001 I spent 3 weeks alone in Italy, it was life changing!
13. My first car was a BWM stick shift, I couldn't get the hang of driving it so my dad sold it.
14. My mom and I drove to FL one year and sang the soundtrack to Stand By Me for 24 hrs!
15. The winter we got engaged Hubby and I were driving on 95 and decided to keep going until we got to Florida so we could celebrate New Year's Eve in Disney.
16. When we got to FL, the Disney park was FULL! So we had to settle for Epcott!
17. Struggling with infertility issues was the darkest time in my life.
18. When I was pregnant with my boys, I spent 2 1/2 months on hospital bedrest, for the first 4 weeks I had a breakdown. For the remaining 6 weeks I took up needle point and met a good friend who was a fellow captive, LOL!! We helped each other through it and got out with our babies alive and healthy. We will be friends forever!
19. My mom stayed overnight at the hospital with me for weeks, she is a saint!
20. My son Luccio is the strongest person I know. He made it through 5 surgeries in 2 years. Nothing keeps "The Bear" down.
21. I would love to have another child
22. One day I want to live in a Villa in Tuscany
23. I need to lose 40 lbs and I will start tomorrow (as usual)
24. Someday I will write by bestselling novel
25. I am thankful to God for my family and friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment