Saturday, February 7, 2009

Don't wear your size on the outside...

I've been so sick of winter and feeling blah. So I was excited to get out this A.M. for some shopping time. Hubby had the boys entertained so off I went.

I headed to a local children's clothing store to check out their winter clearance sale. I hit the jackpot!! All of the fall and winter clothes were 70% off and the summer clothes were 90% off!! WOO HOO!! So, if you are mathematically challenged like me that means the sale prices for 70% off clothing was $5-$7 and the 90% clothes were $1-$2!!! Now that is a sale! I basically bought two of everything item in the boys' sizes. I am trying 3T for summer and 4T for fall. I figure if its too big then I can just use them the following year.

Next I decided to stop by Fashion Bug because I wanted a new scarf. I have been feeling so frumpy and fat lately that it's ridiculous. I figured maybe a cute scarf would hide all that. Well, they didn't have scarves, but the sale going on was 55% off clearance prices! SO, since I didn't have the kids with me I grabbed armfuls of clothes and tried on tons of shirts. I found quite a few I liked!

I bought a big pile of shirts and even got 2 new bras. I cannot even tell you how old my current one is. But, it has seen better days. One side of the underwire has been missing for months. It fell out in the dryer never to be seen again. On some people that wouldn't be a big deal, but when your BBs need their own zip code like mine do, underwire is essential!!!!!

Normally I avoid buying clothes for myself because nothing fits quite like it used to and it's so much more fun to buy for the boys. Plus, I always feel super guilty spending money on myself!

But, today I was dressed so bad I just couldn't take it. I was wearing maternity jeans (from when I was pregnant 30 months ago!!) and a shirt that I normally wear to bed, but it was the only clean thing that fit.

Needless to say its been awhile since I treated myself to a new wardrobe. I noticed the sizes run differently these days. I had to buy much larger sizes that I used to. Hmmm....is it the winter weight or did they start changing the number system?? LOL!!!

Either way, they fit! So I was happy. And like my mother in law says "don't wear your size on the outside, dress in what flatters your body."

I wasn't brave enough to try on jeans. So I will be sticking with my fave maternity ones, but don't tell anyone!!!

1 comment:

  1. Your boys are BEAUTIFUL!!! I am now a follower, feel free to follow me as well...if you like.
    Lisa

    Mom of 2 Boys, Wife of1

    ReplyDelete