Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mother of Boys

Well, we had an interesting Sunday.
It started with Luccio waking up at 5:30 am, ugh!!
I am NOT a morning person at all.
Before 7 am is still nighttime to me.
I convinced him to stay in his bed until 6:30and then I dragged my self out to the couch.
It was Hubby's day to sleep in so I tried my best to wrangle the boys and keep them quiet,
no small feat.

Then Hubby took Cenzo to get his haircut. The poor kid had been asking for a haircut for 3 weeks now! Don't ask me how a 2 yr old knows when his hair needs a new do', but he does!
He left looking like my little baby and came home looking like a little man.
A handsome little man though!
We finally got both boys sleeping and I ran to my bed to nap. Then the doorbell rang! UGH!
I am sure most people with small children can relate to the fact that
we consider naptime sacred.

Doorbell ringing is unacceptable!!
However it was a very nice neighbor dropping off cupcakes for the boys
so I couldn't stay too mad!
Especially since the boys were still sleeping.
I quickly ate a cupcake and ran back to back to bed!
I never ended up really napping because a cycle of phone calls was coming in.
But, I rested.
Then Hubby headed to his Dad's for a Super Bowl Party.
And my Dad came over to pick up Luccio for a Guy's Outing!
So Luccio and Papa headed off to Barnes & Noble and the Mall!

Cenzo and I spent the afternoon playing with cars and Mickey Mouse characters.

A few hours later when Luccio got home we had dinner and decided to that
since Daddy was off having Guy's Night,
we would have a party of our own.

Now as a Mother of Boys,
I was left home to watch the Super Bowl football game with the little guys.
As many people can attest I am not a Sporty Girl to say the least.
In fact, the most football I have seen was in the movie Varsity Blues starring the guy from Dawson's Creek. So, needless to say the boys didn't get a real rundown of the game.
But, we put the Super Bowl on for background noise as we played a game of nerfball!!
There was running and cheering just like in Varsity Blues!!
And Cenzo actually got really into watching the game on TV for a few minutes
and tried to do some of the moves..

Luccio on the other hand
thought resting on the couch with toys
was better idea!

Like mother like son!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment